Thursday, October 16, 2008

Two games, conference title and ineligibility.

I am a bit behind on my update of last Friday's game against Columbia Heights. Maybe because there really isn't much to report. The highlight, and another Eagle Five for Brandon was the blocked punt he made in the first half. By the second half he wasn't playing.

Totino Grace 49
Columbia Heights 0

So like I said I am a bit behind because last night we had the final regular season game. We scored on the kickoff, hey wait I thought these guys were gonna bee tough??? I guess I was wrong. Brandon had a fantastic interception, put a nice spin move on two opponents and returned it for a 60 yd gain. Ended up being shoved out of bounds by his teammate.

Totino Grace 70
St Louis Park 0

Totino Grace Eagles are Conference Champs with a perfect 7-0 record, 7-1 overall. Which leads me to ineligibility of players. As reported in not only my paper but in all the Twin City papers, Mahtomedi had to foreit 5 games this season because they had an ineligible player. I understand that things happen or are missed but there really isn't any excuse for this. It is the coaches responsibility to see that everything is in order PRE SEASON!!!! Brandon had to sit out the first practice of the 2007 season because I had missed a signature that was required for him to play. So to miss a player being eligible is inexcusable. Plus to make matters worse, to then lie about it. Story reads that no one knew and when the Athletic Director found out he immediately reported it. It was he who brought it to the MNHSL, NOT!!!! I have it on good authority that it was Simley HS that found out and reported them. My first instinct is to say they are disqualified from participating in the playoffs because they are cheaters, however, it is not the players fault that the administration is a bunch of retards. So let them play. What a shame that they have to live with this humiliation because of the coaches. Maybe they should be fined for their sneakiness!

Hey Brandon thanks for the bump during parents night!!!!!!!

No comments: